Site hosted by Build your free website today!

Thursday, April 19, 2001 about 7:00 pm

                                      Peace be unto you

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them,
and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

                                                                               Luke 24:36 (KJV)

We have heard some disturbing accounts of heated
disputes and disagreements among the various parties
over the last several days

Hopefully, these accounts are inaccurate ... or, at least,

Marie had hoped to avoid this by offering a peaceful resolution.

In any event, in an attempt to minimize this, Marie has asked
us to refrain from posting the next letter to
Empire District
until tomorrow (Friday, April 20, 2001)
afternoon about 3:00 pm

Friday, April 20, 2001 about 5:00 pm

Unless and Until ...

Since yesterday, we have received a number of reports ... some
some ... not so promising.

In the interest of facilitating peace, Marie has agreed to postpone
the next letter to Empire District Electric Company until
early Monday morning
 (April 23, 2001).

We have confirmation from at least two sources that Mr. Jim Hill,
the Executive Director of the Missouri Baptist Convention
, will
be in his office
and available on both Monday and Tuesday
of next week (April 23-24)

Marie hopes to present her extensive written petition to

Mr. Jim Hill
early Monday morning.  

If she receives no favorable response from Mr. Hill within
several days, we must implement other measures in order
to insure her safety

Further, Marie has asked us to state plainly and publicly that
a number of projects were already commenced last week.  

Though Marie has taken some action to deliberately delay the
progress of these plans, she has opted NOT to stop these projects

Marie has asked that we not interrupt these other projects,
in her words:

    "unless and until a true, just, long-overdue, and
     (hopefully) peaceful agreement and settlement
     is established with
Southwest Baptist University
     and its allies

We ask:
 If SBU's intentions are godly and in earnest, is
there truly any reason that a peaceful arrangement can not
be initiated immediately ... or at least, within the next week?